We’re participating in Bout of Books again this month, starting next week, August 13-19. Why don’t ya’ll come & join us?!
1. Read 3 netgalley books and review.
2. Read 2 library books and review.
3. Begin one audio book.
Since I like to keep my options open, I am going to list all the books I have to choose from, Netgalley & library.
- The Accidental Bride by Christina Skye
- Close Enough to Touch by Victoria Dahl
- Run the Risk by Lori Foster
- Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill
- Better Than Chocolate by Sheila Roberts
- Sultry with a Twist by Macy Beckett
- A Fool’s Gold Christmas by Susan Mallery (novella)
- Lucretia and the Kroons by Victor LaValle (novella)
- Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
- Awkward by Marni Bates
- Bond Girl by Erin Duffy
- Dark Bayou by Nancy Duplechain
- Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride
- I Heart New York by Lindsey Kelk
- The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder
- The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz
- This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
- Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
And that leaves the Audiobook, which I haven’t picked up yet. I’ll make it down to the library some time before Monday.
And that’s it for me, see ya’ll again Monday
1. Read 2 Netgalley/Edelweiss books.
2. Read 2 library books.
3. Read 3 nook books.
I have serious issues with being click happy. I currently have a ridiculous amount of library and netgalleys so I think this bout will be the big push I need to buckle down and start cleaning up all the pending books I have before they expire. Of course the clicking doesn’t stop at the library or netgalley as I continue to buy nook books and I never get around to them. I blame this mainly on the fact that I cannot physically see these books; it’s a out of sight out of mind thing. I do plan on writing reviews on some of these but I won’t commit to posting them since this is my first bout. If I can post the reviews as well I will consider that lagniappe.
I cannot be as liberal as Dixie with my Netgalley/Edelweiss choices since I have several that are expiring soon so. . .
- Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols – Dixie has already read this one and since I know she is reviewing it I need to get this one read for a she said/she said.
- Tempest by Julie Cross – I don’t know why but I keep skipping over this one and renewing it. I need to just read it.
- The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines – read the first book and then stopped.
- Northanger Alibi by Jenni James – read the first book and then stopped. (See a pattern?)
- Oppression by Jessica Therrien
While I realize I’ve already committed to reading 7 books I wanted to throw in a couple of bonus books just in case I get a serious case of reading going. Wouldn’t it be awesome to say you read 10 books in a week?
- Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James – I read the first two within a week and just stopped (AGAIN). I started this series, I will finish it.
- I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: Nine’s Legacy by Pitacus Lore(novella)
- Fracture by Megan Miranda