Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, this weekly meme asks us to answer bookish questions in ten parts. Since we have both been very busy in the last few weeks, we missed some of the more recent TTT, so here is our Fall TBR list. With the weather just turning cool and the ushering in of my favorite time of year (football, gumbo, and caramel apple cider), we’ll be getting down to business with this list of books that we are anxious and excited to read.
“It’s a mix of both new and old.”
- Ten by Gretchen McNeil – I preordered this book because I was super excited about it. I still am but I’ve had a hectic past couple of months and playing catch up isn’t helping with me getting to this one.
- Eve and Adam by Katherine Applegate & Michael Grant – I haven’t read anything by Ms. Applegate since the Making Out series but I loved it and this one sounded pretty interesting.
- The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan – I was a bit disappointed in Son of Neptune since it was basically The Lost Hero again (just Roman) so I’m hoping book 3 brings it back!
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth – I know, I know. It’s the curse of preorder.
- Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick – I struggled to get through the third in the series but I did. I need to know that reading was worth the final book.
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl – I saw the preview for the movie this weekend and I really want to check it out. I guess that means I need to read another series.
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta – I feel sad that all my blogging friends talk about how awesome this book is and I can’t join in. I need to fix this ASAP!
- Gates of Paradise by Melissa de la Cruz – It’s the end!! I’m so sad but I need to know what’s going on!
- Firelight Series by Sophie Jordan – I ordered all of these when I found out they involved dragons. I may have a slight obsession with them since watching Game of Thrones.
- Reached by Ally Condie - AHH!!!!! I don’t even know what to say about this one. I need to know, now!
“I am obsessed with series…es”
The Charmer by Celeste Bradley – I read the first three in The Liar’s Club series about spies in Regency England in a week, but the fourth one is on my nook, which is broken (sad face)…new one should be in soon!
Big Sky Mountain by Linda Lael Miller — The second book in the Swoon-Worthy Cowboys series, I got the first one and loved it. This is my first book by Ms. Miller, but I am now a fan. The third one will be out in December, so it will probably be on my Winter TBR list.
How to Romance a Rake by Manda Collins – Ugly Ducklings #2, I am reading How to Dance with a Duke right now and am very happy with this author. It’s the first of her books that I’ve read. I’ve really been on a Historical Romance kick lately and this has really just fueled the fire.
A Perfect Hope by Nora Roberts (Nov. 6) — I’ve been anxious for the story of belligerent oldest brother, Ryder, and hotel manager Hope since the very first book in the series. I love how Nora weaves the stories of the subsequent heroes and heroines into each book of a series.
Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich (Nov. 20) – I think it’s safe to say that I will read every book in this series.
Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill (Nov. 13) — This one is also on my nook for review purposes and I am super excited to get to it, it looks very cute.
Rescue My Heart by Jill Shalvis (Nov. 6) — The third book in the Animal Magnetism series by one of my favorite authors, this book is about a former couple whose animosity towards each other sparks a reconciliation. I am so anxious for this, I love her books.
The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson (March 23rd) — I have a copy for review purposes and let me tell you, I am super excited to get to it.
The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling — There have been some not so great reviews on this book, but I don’t know what these reviewers went in there expecting. I’d like to make up my own mind.
Every Day by David Levithan — This book looks so good & swoony, I can’t wait to get my hands on it.