Trying something new here: Top 10 Tuesday hosted by http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com.
- Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling– If you know me then you know this book was going to make in on here . . . I LOVED this entire series. I could talk about HP all day; in fact I’m not scared to admit that I love it more than Twilight. *GASP*
- Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer– I said I loved Harry Potter more, not that I didn’t like Twilight at all. I in fact will be rereading these very soon as I’ve only read them once and want to brush up before the 2 part finale starts in November.
- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks– Have you read this?! Nicholas Sparks makes me cry every time. EVERY TIME, dang it. I do have to admit one thing about this book though . . .I actually liked the ending on the movie more, a first for me.
- Open Season and Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard – I realize these are two books by Ms Howard, but I think they are two of her best. I only have one thing to say about these . . . BROWN CHICKEN BROWN COW. 🙂
- Duff by Kody Keplinger – Designated Ugly Fat Friend. What teenage girl didn’t feel she was either one or both of those? SIGH. If you didn’t then you make me want to vomit. (Not really, because if you didn’t I’m jealous since I wish I would have had that kind of confidence back in high school :P)
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – You know the mark of a good book? I read so much that I borrow books from friends, family, the library, etc because reading brand new books is just too expensive with the volume I go through. After I read this book (library) I went out and bought it to keep. Just looking at the cover makes me smile.
- Jemina J by Jane Green – Though I read everything she writes, it’s the only one I kept.
- How I Broke Up with Ernie by R.L. Stine – This is the first book I can remember actually picking to read at our local book store. I haven’t read it since, but writing this list makes me want to go back and check it out again. 🙂
- Manhunting by Jennifer Cruise – LOL funny.
- Catcher and the Rye by JD Salinger – I mainly want to reread this because Dixie said (see last TGIF) she didn’t care for it. To be honest it’s been so long since I’ve read this I can’t remember that much about the story. I shall see if I have the same opinion.
- Pride and Prejudice by the ineffable Jane Austen. I read this once when I was 16, but I’ve seen the PBS movie a couple dozen times (I actually own it). I really want to reread this book again before I die…it is my absolute favorite!
- Harry Potter series by, duh, JK Rowling. I have reread all these books at least once. I believe I’ve reread “The Half-Blood Prince” three times, as it’s my favorite. Such an awesome series. Even though I’ve read them all so many times, it never fails to engross & entertain me.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Cause they will be reread before the movies come out. And they’re just so intricate and complex, they are just screaming to be reread. I’m sure there are parts that I forgot about or didn’t understand until I read the whole story. Peeta and Gale, they made it hard for me to choose, until the very end, just like Katniss. I understand your pain, girl.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I read this in 10th grade for English, then moved & had to read it for English in 11th grade. This is my second favorite book of all time. I fully intend to read it one day to my sons.
- The Cubicle Next Door by Siri L. Mitchell. How I love this book. I have reread it twice already. I will reread it again. It’s just so lovely and sweet and heartbreaking. It’s one of those books you just want to hold to your chest. It makes me so happy. See also Ms. Mitchell’s book Kissing Adrien.
- Just one of the Guys by Kristan Higgins. One of my favorite contemporary romances. I love Chastity, I LOVE Trevor. The end just kills me. I’ve read the book twice, but the last two chapters, I’ve read dozens of times.
- The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I LOVED the books when I discovered them. They were KICK ASS! So I’ve been having “City of Fallen Angels” for months and have yet to read it because I want to reread the first three, but I’ll probably wait until the next two are out.
- Couldn’t I Start Over by Jean Thesman. One of my favorite books from when I was a teenager. It’s a great story, I’ve reread it dozens of times. It’s short, but so sweet. There’s a part near the end of the book that just makes me want to cry, it’s so perfect.
- Project Daddy by Kate Perry. I don’t know what it is about heroines who have social issues that I love so much, but this book is very sweet. Katherine is just so clueless and Luc is so perfect, they really are perfect together.
- Queen of Babble Gets Hitched by Meg Cabot. This series is so funny, so great, but it kinda hits you out of nowhere. You’re not expecting what happens (at least I wasn’t). I just love Chaz. He’s one of my all-time favorite male characters. And he’s just perfect, Michigan baseball cap & all.
Honorable Mention: Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer. I’ve reread all the first three books. I’m still trying to get up the nerve to reread the last before the movies come out.