Dixie usually posts these for us but since she is off this week, you’ve got me!! Sorry!!! ~Maggie
Top Ten Authors I’d Love To Have AT My Thanksgiving Feast
I’m pretty sure most of us are going to have quite a few of the same authors listed, which would be great!!! Think how big our Thanksgiving dinner would be if we were all there with the authors. Talk about great book conversation. – ~Maggie (I’ve got 1-9, Dixie rounded us out! :P)
1. Meg Cabot – Threw anyone off by not listing JK first?? I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Princess Diaries and several other series by her. . .though I haven’t read all of her books yet. She seems like she would be fun to hang with. . .
2. JK Rowling – SURPRISE!!!! Ok not really but come on, she’s fantabulous!!!!!
3. Stephanie Meyer – I’m so sad there is only one more movie. Time for the nostalgic reread to begin. . . I can’t tell you how upset my sister was that I didn’t remember every detail about the last book so we couldn’t try to guess what would be in the last movie and why they left certain things out of part one.
4. Suzanne Collins – with the Hunger Games movies just starting up this is hopefully going to fill the void Potter and Twilight are leaving. If it doesn’t its going to be a sad year.
5. JR Ward – Holy Guacamole! Have you read any of the Black Dagger Brotherhood?! This would make for interesting conversation. 😛
6. Myra McEntire – If this lady keeps writing books like Hourglass she is going to be my new favorite author! No pressure.
7. Julie Kagawa – If someone can convince me to read a fairy book and like it then she’s obviously a cool chick I should be hanging out with. J
8. Janet Evanovich – I’d have her over mainly to ask why can’t Stephanie just choose already? And she better choose right (which is Morelli !!!) If she officially ever chooses Ranger I will have to stop reading this series.
9. Jen Lancaster – Have you read her blog? HILARIOUS!
10. Emily Giffin — I love her books. She’s incredibly smart & has beautiful kids. She seems like a lot of fun, plus she’s friends with really cool people like Tim Duncan and Marc Blucas. ~Dixie (Side Note: I should have invited her as well. I want to know why she just has to keep writing about cheating 😦 BUH. ~ Maggie)