Top Ten Books I Want to Give As Gifts
I’d give these as gifts, but their own copies. . .they aren’t getting mine!!!! ~ Maggie
- Divergent by Veronica Roth – This is easily my favorite book of the year. I would give this one to my mom, she is going to love it.
- Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot – I’d give this series to my sister. She isn’t a huge reader but is always asking me what to read that would be a “quick, happy, fluffy” read. If Michael doesn’t make you smile I don’t know what will. . .
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – Ok maybe St Claire could?? SIGH. I’d give this one to her too!
- Song of Ice and Fire Series by George R. R. Martin – I’d give these to myself (or maybe I should say I will be?) because they are on my goal list to read in 2012. I hear great things but even the huge reader that I am I’ve got to say these books are intimidating. The entire series is massive but I want to watch the show so I need to get on this ASAP. (Book One : A Game of Thrones has been purchased!)
- Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward – This one would go to my BFF Alicia who doesn’t read too often especially with two kids but loves books with a lot of **cough, cough** “action”.
- Nightshade Series by Andrea Cremer – These would go to my sister’s godchild who no matter how hard I try to convince her otherwise LIKE WOLVES. Team Jacob I am not but Team Ren I can support.
- Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa – These need to go to Tee over @ YACrush. Like myself she hates fairy books. . . or I guess I can say I used to hate them. Don’t get me wrong I’m still not going to choose them first but if this series can’t convince someone that they aren’t all bad then none of them will.
- Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling – I would give this series to anyone that I can make stand still long enough for me to gush about how much I love them and they will too. It still bothers me that my sister stopped reading these in book 3 (see my above suggestion for her about “fluffy” books.)
- The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins – These go to a work buddy whom I have convinced to read these based solely on the trailer for the movie. 😛
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson – This one goes to my sister-in-law who loves to read the depressing books. This one is sad and happy so maybe I can convince her to convert over from all the Piccoult she reads at least some of the time.