1. Best Book You Read In 2011?
Best book. . .I have to pick two (and even that isn’t enough 🙂 ) by far it has to be Divergent buy Veronica Roth and Hourglass by Myra McEntire. Can’t wait for the sequels!!!
2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?
Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick. I don’t know if it’s the book itself I didn’t care for of the series itself but I give up. I couldn’t even finish the book.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?
The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson. It took me about 5 or 6 chapters to want to continue and I’m glad I did. It was a great book and I’m glad I pushed through the beginning which was a bit of a slow start.
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins and Divergent by Veronica Roth 🙂
5. Best series you discovered in 2011?
hmm. . .an entire series? Probably the Magic in Manhattan series by Sarah Mlynowski. Really cute, kinda like a witchy Princess Diaries.
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?
Stephanie Perkins, Veronica Roth, Myra McEntire, Elizabeth Eulberg, Polly Shulman, Jandy Nelson, sorry. . .I could go on for days !!!
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Across the Universe by Beth Revis. OH! She should be on # 6 too !!!
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?
Divergent and Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (EEP another one for # 6!)
9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare, great book but they better get to working on fixing the “situation” in Clockwork Princess!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?
Ohh . . . I’d have to say it’s between
11. Most memorable character in 2011?
Jay from the Body Finder Series. . . and Michael Moscovitz from Princess Diaries. Definitely both extremely swoon worthy.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. LOVE LOVE LOVE.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011?
Ditto to # 12
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read?
Harry Potter. I know, but I waited for them to all be out as well as the final movie to be released. AWESOME OVERLOAD.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011?
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini:
The last cobwebs cleaning from her eyes, she decided that if Lucas was gay then she was going to have to get a sex change operation. He would be so worth it.
16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012?
Anna & The French Kiss (I’m sure Lola would be listed here too if I had read it yet. . .but soon I promise!!) and The Sky is Everywhere.
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
Pandemonium (Tee (YACRUSH) where are you!?!! We need to talk ASAP!!!
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2011?
I’d say YACRUSH since my blogging buddy Dixie let me know about them and then we decided to start our own blog and Tee helped us out. 🙂
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2011?
Hourglass or Starcrossed.
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
Maybe my crazy new found love of Michael Moscovitz??
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2011?
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
all of it!
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Netgalley! Since we are new to the book blogging front this was a great thing. I also bought a nook this year!! (Though I still prefer to hold an actual book)
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Sadly I did not, but there will be goals this year!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012?
Lola and the Boy Next Door! I cannot wait for the happiness to consume me!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. You better fix it!!!
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2012?
I set myself a goal on goodreads to read at least 100 books. I’d like to complete that and hopefully surpass it as well. I’d also love to go to BEA but I’m not 100% familiar with it. Anyone going or has gone and want to give me details? I could use a buddy if I can get out there!