Brought to you by Ginger @ Greadsbooks.com
Maggie’s Reading Resolutions:
- Read more stand alone books. I tend to gravitate towards series because I love to follow characters but it’s also nice to just have one book and the story finish with no cliffhangers, etc.
- Meet my reading goal I’ve set. I joined Goodreads in July so I never set a reading goal for 2011 but I did set one for 2012. I only committed to reading 100 books which I think I not only can complete but I can easily surpass. (Here’s hoping I don’t fall short and someone rubs it in my face. :P)
- Read the Sookie Stackhouse series. I realize this goes against my first resolution in a way but I’ve been putting this one off for a long time and I need to buckle down and just read them already or at the very least read the six that I bought and are sitting in my TBR pile…
- Speaking of which, clear up the TBR pile sitting at my house. I’m sure I’m not alone in this but I have a compulsion to buy books and/or request them from the library. I see them and think “I need this now!!!!” but I can’t read it now. 😦 Problem with buying them instead of borrowing them from a friend or the library is that there is no deadline to read it by therefore they get pushed back until you realized it’s been a year and you still haven’t cracked the cover!! UGH. Hi I’m Maggie and I have a book addiction. 😛
- Read at least one Jane Austen novel. (specifically Sense & Sensibility or Pride & Prejudice) I don’t have an excuse anymore I just need to do it. I love love love the movies and you know the book is always better!
- Attend BEA. I’m extremely new to blogging as we have only started in July but I really want to go!! I’ve heard a few (GREAT) things about it and would love to go. . .but I would like a buddy to go with since Dixie wouldn’t be able to go. So this resolution might not be met this year. 😦
- Get to know fellow bloggers and visit their blogs more often. As I mentioned before we are new to the blog world which I find kind of being the new kid at a really cool school . . .everyone has been super nice to us so far but we haven’t quite memorized our class schedule. Being as I work full time and I’m trying to sell my house I don’t get much time to play around on the internet right now so I’m not able to visit as many book blogs as I want to at the moment. So maybe this resolution should be to sell my house?? Then I shall have much more free time for the blog world. 🙂
Dixie’s Reading Resolutions:
- Try to read one book at a time.
- If I’m not clicking with a book, give up and move on.
- Books back to the library when they’re due, no renewing 3 and 4 times
- Be more mindful of books I request from Netgalley, that they’re actually something I would normally read on my own
- Read the books I get from Netgalley, instead of letting them fester in my account for months on end
- Not to make any promises about reading a book that doesn’t seem interesting to me
- Read Persuasion and Sense and Sensibility
- Read the books that my book club assigns, and don’t wait until the week before because that never works