Maggie’s Top Ten Fake Men of My Dreams
- Michael Mosocovitz (Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot) – Could he get anymore perfect? Smart (sorry I think nerdy to at least a small degree is hot), rich, and loves Mia unconditionally. If you know any age appropriate Michael Moscovitz types feel free to give them my email. 😛
- Will Herondale (The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare) – (spoiler alert) Everyone read The Clockwork Prince yet? If you did and love Will it broke your heart. . .or like me, just ticked me off. How is this fair? I do not like Tessa right now!! She could have broke everything off and been with neither (something I accept more than what’s going on now, talk to Dixie she knows how much I don’t care for the Jem situation. BUH)
- Jace Wyland (The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare) – Wowza.
- Ron Weasley (Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling) – My favorite character from the series (other than Snape, obviously). British accent, sweetheart, AND red hair?
- Etienne St Clair (Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins) – SIGH.
- Cricket Bell (Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins) – DOUBLE SIGH. Do you feel it?? The warm fuzzy feeling??
- Peeta Mellark (Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins) – Ok I know in the era of epic series’ we all choose sides. . . this is one of the few fights I think I don’t go with the majority. I liked Peeta from the start but I do have to say I never hated Gayle. . . just Peeta was more the whole package to me not just a pretty face.
- Ash (Iron Fery Series by Julie Kagawa) – If you read this series you would know what complete devotion and undying love looks like. . .
- Jay Heaton (The Body Finder Series by Kimberly Derting) – Your BFF and your BF? If you’ve read the books you know they have a fight in Desires and it almost broke my heart how miserable he was. . .he is just awesome.
- Any of the Black Dagger Brotherhood – but if I just had to choose. . . Zsadist or John Matthew (Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward). What can I say? I’m female, I have the need to want to fix damaged guys.
Dixie’s Top Ten Fake Men of My Dreams
Ron Weasley (Harry Potter)– I love this adorable moron more than Chocolate Frogs.
Fitzwilliam Darcy (Pride and Prejudice) — His love for Elizabeth is true, he didn’t even want to take credit for getting Wickham to marry Lydia. And, man, does he have a way with words: “I have been meditating on the very great pleasure which a pair of fine eyes in the face of a pretty woman can bestow.” and “I cannot fix on the hour, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.”
- Gilbert Blythe (Anne of Green Gables) — From jump, I loved Gilbert (it didn’t hurt that the actor playing Gilbert in the movie was adorable). Damn Anne’s stupid pride for delaying the inevitable! He had to almost die before she realized her love for him!
- Trevor Meade (Just One of the Guys by Kristan Higgins) — I cannot say enough about this guy. I’ve read this book a few times and it just gets to me. The end and, in particular, the last two chapters just make me swoon.
- Simon Bradley (Only Yours by Susan Mallery) — Brilliant surgeon, beautifully scarred man, only Montana could get to him. I just wanna hug him.
- Jay Heaton (Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting) — Is there anything sexier than someone who knows his own mind and heart? But he just waits for Violet to catch up. Le Sigh.
- Dex Thaler (Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin) — I will probably get a lot of flack for this, but I do love Dex. Yes, he cheated on his fiance with her best friend, but Darcy was no innocent. And he went after what he wanted, had always wanted. Sure, he probably should have done it seven years earlier, but no one’s perfect.
- Mark Darcy (Bridget Jones Diary by Helen Fielding) — How this stable, down to earth, adorable man fell in love with Bridget, who is not right in the head sometimes, is beyond me. Despite her craziness, he loves her. I especially love the end of the movie (hello, Mr. Firth), where she runs after him in just her shirt & underwear in the snow.
- Simon Evans (Simon Says by Lori Foster) — Strong, silent type…and he saves the day? What’s not to love?
- Ranger (Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich) — Ungh. I’ve resorted to caveman language. I cannot express my love for Ranger in more precise terms. Sorry.