Finally! I can combine my love of all things books with my love of all things music!!!!! – Maggie
Sponsored by The Broke and The Bookish
(and please tell us the song and why you’d pick it for the book!)
1. Book: The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson, Song: “Up Up Up” by The Givers –IDK some things you just can’t explain but in my mind it fits the book.
2. Book: Series – The Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (even though I’m only on book 4) by Louise Rennison, Song: “Rumor Has It” by Adele LOL. – I’ve only read the first three books (and saw the movie based on the first two) and they are adorable. I think Rumor fits because Georgia is very spastic with her feelings and it follows her I love you, he loves me, etc. Besides they both satisfy my obsession love for all things British.
3.Book: Possess by Gretchen McNeil, Song: “Burn the Witch” by Queens of the Stone Age – I know, she isn’t a witch, the book is about possessions, but BTW has the same creepy vibe. . .something I could see running during opening or closing credits if it was optioned for a movie.
4. Book: Hunger Games (Book 1) by Suzanne Collins, Song: “I’m So Excited” by the Pointer Sisters – I picked this song based solely on the fact that I cannot wait for the movie!!!! If you think it doesn’t fit I dare you to listen and not start dancing around your house! If I picked a song based on the book I’d go more with a song specifically for Katniss. Maybe “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson? A woman pushing on! Also, it’s another song I’m a bit obsessed with right now. I may or may not do the fist pump dance in the car when it comes on.
5. Book: The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson, Song: “I Get Off” by Halestorm. Umm hello, the Ripper guy is a creeper!! Of course if you listen to the lyrics I know Rory isn’t that excited about him creeping so maybe more along the lines of “Somebody’s Watching Me” by Rockwell would be a better fit?
6. Book: Open Season by Linda Howard, Song: Brown Chicken, Brown Cow by Trace Adkins. This book is top 3 for Linda Howard, at least for me. Things haven’t been the same as of late with her books but the old ones? HOT. As for the song, one I picked it because Trace is a Louisiana boy. :p Two, umm hello?? Linda Howard usually = BROWN CHICKEN BROWN COW. Of course the more I think about it, Against the Rules, by Ms Howard (another Top 3 for me) might fit better with this song since it’s set on a farm. LOL.
7. Book: Divergent by Veronica Roth, Song: “O’Children” by Nick Cave. Sound familiar? (See how I sneak HP in? hehe) That because it’s from the Deathly Hallows! I loved this song, it’s dark, dreary, just all around great. I think if you listen to the lyrics it fits well. Another good pick I think could be Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know” . I know it’s about breaking up, but hey, leaving your family behind is ending a relationship is it not?
8. Book: Series – The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot, Song: Let’s Hear It for the Boy by Deniece Williams. Yes I totally went cheesy 80s Footloose love for this one. Come on its MICHAEL MOSCOVOTZ, he deserves all of the cheesy love songs. Of course if I’m basing it on Michael, Adele’s “One and Only” could fit as well because if he was real I don’t know what I would do with myself. Or maybe “Love on Top” by Beyonce because he definitely put Mia first. Oh Michael, I love you!
9. Book: Jemima J by Jane Green, Song: I’m Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO – “WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE!!!” LOL. If you read the book she is overweight, gets in shape and deals with some strange gym people with fetishes. “Girl look at the body!!!”
10. Book: Manhunting by Jennifer Crusie, Song: It’s Raining Men by the Weather Girls – “Raining” really fits for this one. She has to juggle several mean and several sticky, yet hilarious, situations. Definitely read it.
Agree? Would you pick something different? Let me know since I’m kinda all about “theme songs”.