Brought to you by the fantastic The Broke and The Bookish
I don’t think I’ve ever called in sick without actually not being sick but I have definitely not gone out with friends or family before because I wanted to finish a book. 🙂
1. Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward – It is already at the library but they haven’t issued any out until yet because of the release day(TODAY!) I’m # 3 in line so here’s hoping I get a copy week one. I LOVE the BDB series.
2. Insurgent by Veronica Roth – Do you really need a reason? Didn’t think so.
3. Unnamed by J.K. Rowling – I know we are all eagerly awaiting what this unnamed book is going to be about. . .doesn’t really matter I’m pretty sure it’s going to be fabulous.
4. Ten by Gretchen McNeil – oh I LOVED Possess. I cannot wait to read her next book. I hope it’s just as creepy!
5. Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa – Someone that can get me to read an entire series about faeries and fall in love with them? From this point on all of her books deserve to be read in a quiet room with absolutely no distractions.
6. Underworld by Meg Cabot – Tee @ YA Crush got an ARC and is going to share!!!! EEEEP! I love Ms Cabot, thought I haven’t read all of her books yet.
8. Timepiece by Myra McEntire – I feel like I have waited patiently long enough after falling in love with Hourglass. GIVE ME THE BOOK ALREADY!!!
9. Covet by Melissa Darnell – This is book two in the Clann series, whoot!
10. Jeneration X by Jen Lancaster – SHE IS HILARIOUS.
I rarely take time off, because by the time I get up, get the kids dressed, drive them to daycare and school, my office is not far, I may as well just go in. Unless it was for something as amazing as Harry Potter, which is few and far between. But there are a few books that I’m waiting for that I would totally consider skipping work for.
1. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare–Uh, yeah. I gotta know how that is going to end because Clockwork Prince stirred up all kinds of emotions. Poor Will, poor Jem, poor Tess.
2. City of Fallen Angels and City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare–I really want to know what happens here. I have been obsessed with Cassie’s tumblr account, and so there is a lot of stuff about Jace and Sebastian and all the others that I don’t understand, so as soon as I can get to reread City of Glass, I will start on CoFA and just have to wait a little while for CoLS. 🙂
3. Jacked Up by Erin McCarthy–Ooh, I’m excited about this book. Eve is a little spitfire, her story is going to be fun! I could totally knock this out in three hours, take a nap, then go shopping before I have to pick up the boys. 🙂 Sounds like the perfect day.
4. Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor–The sequel to Daughter of Smoke and Bone I think would be best read in a quiet room with no interruptions so I can let it all soak in.
5. Being Friends with Boys by Terra Elan McVoy–I already read this a couple months ago, but I loved it so much. I intend to do the review next month, but I want to reread it first.
6. The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts–Her books usually suck you right in and you don’t want to put them down. I am very excited to read Owen and Avery’s story in the Inn at Boonsboro series.
7. The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson–The sequel to The Name of the Star, which I LOVED, doesn’t come out until January, so I have plenty of time to develop my fake cough.
8. The Cubicle Next Door by Siri Mitchell–I know I talk about this book all the time. But I love it soooo!!! It’s a great book to sit down and read in one go. I cannot wait to reread it again!
9. Heaven and Hellsbane by Paige Cuccaro–I loved Hellsbane, which was funny and sweet and fast paced, so this would be a great lazy day read.
10. The Fault in our Stars by John Green–This book seems like you would need to be isolated to read because I’ve heard such great reviews. John Green is a great writer and funny and this book sounds a little heartbreaking. I don’t like to have people see me cry, so I would definitely call in sick for this one.