Every week the girls at The Broke and The Bookish ask us a question with 10 parts.
Dixie’s Top Ten Blogs/Sites She Reads That Aren’t About Books:
1. Pinterest: I cannot get enough of that place. I have close to 2000 pins. It’s insane. Mostly, I don’t do anything about them, I just collect pins, but sometimes, they actually come in handy. I’ve started trying a lot of the recipes. Also, I really like to try a lot of the cleaning suggestions.
2. Facebook: of course. I’m on there a lot. Mostly, though, it’s to play games because I’m bored.
3. EOnline: I used to go there a lot more than I do now. It’s basically the E! Channel, but in blog form.
4. EW: Entertainment Weekly Online. There are a lot of really great entertainment articles here. The writing is great. I really loved Doc Jensen when Lost was on the air, his articles were amazing and insightful. Now I’ve made myself nostalgic for lost. 😦
5. Remax Texas: I spent a lot of time here in the last few months looking for a house. I like this site because you can pull up a map of the area you want to live or the subdivision & it will show you all the different houses around there that are for sale, and then you can customize your finds to the size and price you want. And for some reason, this site has more pictures of inside the houses than other sites that I’ve stumbled upon.
6. Amazon: If I need something, no matter how strange or out of left field it might be, there’s a good chance I can find it here. It’s not all books, you know.
7. Pandora: You can pick an artist or a genre of music and make your own radio station on your computer, and I have a varied taste in music and sometimes I will get the urge to listen to the strangest things. The other day, I spent a few hours listening to 80s country. Thas right. Yee Haw!
8. JCrew: My favorite clothing store. But mostly, I like to look at the sale stuff (cause I’m cheap). Every once in a while, there will be an additional 25% or 30% off, so I will go crazy. And sometimes, they link to the J. Crew factory outlet, so BONUS!
9. Twitter: I don’t actually spend a lot of time here because it’s so time consuming and requires you to be very active, but it’s fun to read others conversations. Stalker!
10. (Maggie’s Lone Contribution) Jensylvania: Blog of author Jennifer Lancaster, but it’s not about books. She’s pretty darn funny.