Fangirl 5 Friday hosted by EvilEva over at Nancy Drew is my Homegirl, where we share what we’re fangirling about this week.
1. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. – My birthday is coming up. What does this have to do with Harry Potter?? Well turns out my sister was trying to fly me (and herself) out to Orlando for the day and let me spend my entire birthday geeking out over Potter. (Believe me there would have been a serious hit on my savings account.) I only know this because she called me to tell me it was too much money so now I seem to have an obsession with searching flights and hotel options still thinking there could be hope that I would have had the greatest birthday ever. ~m
2. My Birthday – As I mentioned by birthday is coming up. . . and I’m not taking it well. Let’s just say 30 is NOT the new 20 to me. The one birthday I want to pretend isn’t happening is the one everyone seems determined for me to celebrate. As always I cling to the thought that I don’t look my age though I guess I can’t claim to look 17 anymore since the people at the movies stopped carding me for Rated R movies. ~m
3. Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen – I’m sorry but I have become obsessed with this song. I SING it constantly. I dance around the house. I watch every cover I can find. My family and I have even made little videos of pets and kids doing the Harvard baseball team’s dance. (In case you are wondering I’m listening to it while I write this. :P) Oh and did you know people are making personal business cards now? I NEED THIS! ~m
4. You Don’t Know You’re Beautiful by One Direction. Yeah. This is a judgment free zone. Um…I don’t listen to pop music (I’m actually a country girl), but I am obsessed with this song…and this video. When the song comes on, I just have to DANCE!!! I even started a Pandora station just for One Direction in the hopes that I get to hear it. It’s kinda sick. I mean, just look at them, they look 12. ~d
5. Sherlock Holmes Season 2. AHHHH! I got it! I can’t wait til I can sit down and actually watch it! Maybe I can get the boys out of the house long enough to watch all three episodes this weekend…wish me luck 🙂 ~d
Books: Which books have you found to be very rewarding when it comes to tackling tougher issues?
Such a Pretty Girl by Laura Wiess – As a rule I try not to read what I determine “sad” books but for some reason when I read the blurb about this one I decided to try it out. Meredith is a girl who not only was molested by her own father but has to live with her mother who blames her for “tempting” him. After he is released from prison the mother wants to let him move back in and is mad at Mer when he isn’t allowed. Are you kidding me? The fact that there are actual people out there like this makes me sick. I liked the fact that though she appears to be alone in dealing with things she gets help for great neighbors. It was a great book and though I wish things like this never happened I’m glad when justice is served. ~m