Sponsored by The Broke and The Bookish
Books I’ll Never Read (or at least it feels that way)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen – I know!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie (not the BBC one, sorry Dixie). In fact it was playing the other night when I went to bed and when I woke up? PLAYING AGAIN. Twas a great day.
2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – I’ve tried twice so far for this one. I tried to hardback book first, then when that didn’t work for me I tried the audio. I don’t know what it is about this one but I just can’t finish it.
3. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee – I’m horrible with the classics. I read what was required in school and I’ve skipped the rest. I really need to try and work on this soon. I feel left out that I have no idea what goes on in these stories. I haven’t even seen the movie.
4. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin –I want to watch to series so bad but I want to try and read the books first. The way this is going I’m going to just have to watch the series then go back to the book which means it will take me even longer.
5. Morganville Vampires Series by Rachel Caine – Have you seen how many of these there are?! That isn’t even counting the short stories. Considering I haven’t started this series it is way too much work to try and collect all of these to read. It makes me a little sad though because I hear they are great.
6. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen – My problem here: I didn’t read the book before the movie came out. Then they cast Robert Pattinson?? Nope, no thank you. I accepted him in Harry Potter because Potter can do no wrong but other than that he will only be in Twilight to me. I refuse to watch him in anything else and now that I associate him with the book I can’t go back and read it because all I will see in my head is Edward.
7. Anything new from Emily Giffin – I know Dixie loves her so much but every book she writes has cheating in it. I hate cheating in books. Maybe one or two but all of them?!? UGH.
8. Any graphic novel about any book I’ve read – I don’t do comics or I guess I should say comics do nothing for me? No matter how much I love a series I just can’t get into these. I’m a nerd not a geek.
9. Stephen King books – This man is the reason I hate clowns and when I say hate I’m not sure that is a strong enough word. I’ve seen a lot of his movies and they scare the crap out of me so I’m terrified to find out how creepy the books are since who knows what they left out?!
10. James Patterson books – I’ve tried a couple out and his writing just does nothing for me. My mom makes up for my lack of interest though. She has read every single on of his book including the YA.