Every week, Ginger asks a thought-provoking book-related question & we do our damndest to be be funny. Sometimes it works.
Cast Your Own Story: If you could use existing characters from some of your favorite books to create a new story, who would be in it?
Well…I tried to think of someone who deserves someone better than who they end up with in their particular story, or someone who doesn’t get the person they want…because I like happy endings & kisses. Sooo…
Rafe from The Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting–He’s in desperate need of a Miss Elizabeth to his Mr. Darcy. Cause he cannot have Violet! Violet belongs to Jay! And, unlike Maggie, I like Rafe. Maggie’s not a fan of love triangles. In fact, the only issue I have with Rafe is that he’s not Jay and he so obviously has it bad for Violet, even though I cannot recall any untoward advances he’s made on her. He’s a perfectly great character, a great guy, you could say, but I don’t want anyone coming between Jay & Violet. It’s wrong. But he deserves his HEA, too. He deserves his own Violet. Who could be Rafe’s counterpart?
Isabelle Lightwood. I think Izzy and Rafe would make a fantastic team. They would work well together. Izzy can be the center of attention & use her whip to bring justice to criminals that Rafe senses, or perceives, or what ever the hell it is he does. And then they can be all hot and dark and broody together. Except Isabel isn’t broody, but I’m sure she would change for Rafe. They would be the best looking detectives this side of…hmm, I’m drawing a blank. But you get the idea, they’d be pretty hot together. Just don’t ask Izzy to cook. You’ll regret it.
Isabelle shrugged philosophically. “I’m pure at heart. It repels the dirt.”
1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower trailer. This book for me was quietly powerful. It seemed happy-go-lucky (well...) until around the middle, I guess (it's hard to tell because I listened to the audiobook). Charlie is probably one of my favorite characters, ever. I am very anxious to see this movie. Plus, Emma Watson! ~d
2. True Blood is back, baby! Those crazy mo-fos, can't wait to see what fresh hell they'll entertain us with this season. I miss Jason, you stupid but hot piece of ... ahem...and Alcide (more shirtless time, please). ~d
Speaking of shirtless time...
3. Elizabeth Banks acceptance speech on the MTV Movie Awards- HILARIOUS and HOT. I think I’ve watched that speech 10 times. You can watch it here (stupid thing would NOT embed).~m
4. Magic Mike – While we are talking about that speech, let’s talk Magic Mike. Holy crap on a cracker I’m so there opening day. Even though I think Channing Tatum looks like he is as dumb as a rock (I’m not saying he is, just looks that way to me) that man along with his fellows actors in MM are gorgeous. I’ve seen male strippers before and let me tell you not a single one looked like any of these. (Picture a platinum blonde mullet and HIGH TOP TENNIS SHOES) ~m
5. Puppies – I’m having serious issue with petfinder. I live on it wanting to adopt every single dog. My little yorkie Tallulah (yep, that’s her in the pic and she is so freaking cute!) needs a buddy but I can’t afford another one just yet. ~m