Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, this weeks query:
Top Ten Books For People Who Like …
Nora Roberts is the top selling romance author and has been for decades. Her books are always very entertaining, romantic and SEXY. Here is a list of authors who you would probably really like if you like Nora Roberts.
1. Lori Foster — Ms. Foster’s books are extremely hot, usually with very capable alpha males who can’t help falling for women who can take care of themselves. She has several awesome series out, including my favorite, the SBC Fighters, about men who compete as Ultimate Fighters. Great series. Causing Havoc is the first in that series.
2. Jill Shalvis — It’s no secret that Ms. Shalvis is one of my favorite authors. She’s funny and her stories are sweet and very sexy. My favorite is Head Over Heels in her Lucky Harbor Series. Sawyer=Yummo!
3. Susan Mallery — She has great series, including the Fool’s Gold series of which there are currently 8 books out and one on the way. Her latest, Summer Nights, tells the story of a cowboy who’s been hurt and a librarian who wants to break out of her shell.
4. Rachel Gibson — Her books are a lot of fun sexy times. I started reading her series about writer girlfriends, but she’s better know for her ice hockey studs, The Chinooks Hockey Team, of which the third, The Trouble With Valentine’s Day is my favorite.
5. Susan Elizabeth Phillips — Another Grande Dame of the genre, SEP has a series about football players, The Chicago Stars. I just finished the last book, Natural Born Charmer, and I am sad that the series is over. But she has other really great books, my favorite of which is What I Did For Love.
6. Mary Kay Andrews — A Southern writer after my own heart, her books are very funny and sweet and really put the south in a positive light while highlighting our eccentricities and idiosyncrasies (is that the same thing? Huh). My favorite of hers is The Fixer Upper.
7. Erin McCarthy — I first read her work in a series of anthologies with Lori Foster. I liked her heroines a lot, they seemed a lot like me and my friends. Her heroes are just everyday guys, made more attractive by the women who love them. Her series about race car drivers is fantastic. Although I recently purchased her latest in that series, Jacked Up, I haven’t read it yet. It’s next on my list. I really liked the last book, Slow Ride.
8. Donna Kauffman — She also has several anthologies and series. I especially liked the Glass Slipper, Inc. series that was a play off fairy tales. She has a new series out that I have not gotten to yet because of my enormous TBR pile, but I’ll get there, eventually. My favorite of hers is Sleeping with Beauty.
9. Victoria Dahl — Super sexy heroes, smart heroines, great stories. Another go-to author. Check out Bad Boys Do, which I LOVED.
10. Louisa Edwards — She writes about chefs and the people in the restaurant industry. Basically, her books are mouth watering. 🙂 My favorite is the last one, Hot Under Pressure. I’d like seconds of that, please.
If you like Kristin Cashore-
Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder
The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen
Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly
Possess by Gretchen McNeil
Storyline-wise, Touch of Power if the closest to Ms Cashore’s books, but mainly the thought behind comparing these books were ones I thought had a strong POV. I didn’t really find any of these leads annoying and whiney and they were great stories. As you can see I went with a variety of subjects: angels, time travel, fantasy, and possession. Let me know if you have or plan on reading any of them, I haven’t talked to too many who have read most of these. 🙂