Hosted by the ladies @ The Broke and The Bookish, this week’s question is a freebie, so Maggie & I decided to switch genres and give you our top ten books in the other’s favorite type:
Dixie’s Top 10 favorite YA Couples:
1. Ron/Hermione from The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling–Duh.
2. Clary/Jace from the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
3. Michael/Mia from The Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot
4. Jay/Violet from the Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting
5. Percy/Annabeth from the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan
6. Adam/Mia from the If I Stay series by Gayle Forman
7. Cricket/Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
8. Titus/Gretchen from Fly on the Wall by E. Lockhart
9. Marcus/Jessica from The Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty
10. Will/Tessa from the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare
10 8 favorite Romance books (I’m just a YA gal what can I say?)
1. Manhunting by Jennifer Crusie – I’m sorry, what can I say?? It’s going to be on A LOT of my lists.
2. Crazy for You by Jennifer Crusie – I LOVE her books and there is a certain scene involving Fleetwood Mac that I still find quite funny.
3. Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie – hmm, there might be a pattern here. . .this book if the reason I like Dusty Springfield now.
4. Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward – WOW. I love this series and I love that each book seems to be bigger than the last because I CANNOT GET ENOUGH. Then the next books is Qhuinn and Blay?! AAHHH!
5. Open Season by Linda Howard – I truly think this one if my favorite by Ms Howard.
6. Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard – Between these two Howards they are hands down her best work to me. I feel like the last few have just been fillers.
7. Against the Rules by Linda Howard – This is an older book, came out right after I was born. Again I recall a specific scene when the lead breaks down. ACK. Makes me hurt just thinking about it. (I actually own this one if someone really wants to read it since I’m sure it would be hard to find.) [from Dixie: I had to put this cover, it’s pure 80s awesomeness…check out the cleavage!]
8. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon – We are currently participating in a read-along with this one and I’m not going to lie to you. . .I already finished the book. Overall I really enjoyed it and I can’t wait to read the rest of the series.