Sponsored by The Broke and The Bookish
Top Ten Bookish Confessions
- I have an addiction to the Dummies books. I have one for How to Learn Italian, Italian Verbs, Computer Programming, Yorkies, etc. I also maybe be “watching” several more on ebay.
- I keep a list of who borrows books from me. I’m terrified I won’t get them back and I love them all so much like little book babies.
- I will stop in the middle of a chapter to email or text someone to recommend a book if I’m loving it.
- It kills me to own paperback versions of books. If I plan on keeping it I will always try to get a hardback even if that means having to buy another copy to replace it (eventually).
- I need complete silence to read. I can have the TV on but it has to be muted.
- I keep not one list but two to manage all the books I have to read. One is goodreads but the other list is by specific authors I read everything by and color coded.
- I have kept library books for over 3 months and never read a single page in them.
- I have a shirt to match all of the “big” series. (Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Twilight, Game of Thrones)
- Even though ebooks are not my favorite I always have my nook in my purse. It’s the easiest way to carry to largest amount of books with me at all times.
- I almost never buy books at the bookstore. I order online for pretty much everything to try and save a few bucks but I definitely go to browse and see what I might like to order.
- If I’m in the middle of a book I like, I will stop reading and go and find out if the author has other books I like and if my library carries them. I will have it all sorted out to get the next book in this author’s backlist waiting for me to pick up one way or another. I will read every one back to back before I can move on to another book.
- Any book I read has to have some romance in it in order for me to really like it.
- I love my nook, but mostly, I use it to go on the internet.
- I have had books from the library that I have had to renew six times, until my renewels expired, and still didn’t read them. But I’ll bring them back, wait a few weeks & check them out again.
- I have books listed on paperbackswap to swap that I haven’t read, but when someone asks for them, I will read them quickly before sending them. That’s the kind of motivation I need sometime to read a book.
- I have so many books, if I’m looking for a particular book, there are approximately 11 places I need to check in my house.
- I had heard about Twilight for a few months (but a couple years after it came out, right before Breaking Dawn came out) and when I finally decided to read it, I bought it (walked into Barnes & Noble and told the woman “I’m looking for a book called Twilight?” with a weird look on my face, and she brings me to a big honking stack of them I had just passed by to get to her). I was not even halfway through and ran back to BN to pick up New Moon and Eclipse and read all three in a weekend.
- I just had to look up the order of New Moon & Eclipse. I seriously could not remember which order they came out in.
- I read erotic fiction and I don’t add it to Goodreads because I’m embarrassed.
- I read when I drive (at red lights).