Pilfered from The Broke & The Bookish, we’re doing this instead of a review this week because we’re both backed up on reviews and in the wake of Hurrice Isaac, we weren’t very concerned about book reviews this week. So, here ya go!
1. The book(s) I’m currently reading: Beauty Queen by Libba Bray (audio), Mystic City by Theo Lawrence (net galley), Partials by Dan Wells. I’ve been reading these three for several days and have barely made a dent in any of them. Where I work I’m an essential employee so hurricane season is not reader friendly.
2. The Last book I finished: The Forsaken by Lisa M Stasse. I started a review but with the storm . . .I’m hoping things will die down by this weekend and I will try to get this written up ASAP.
3. The next book I want to read: Want or need? I need to read The Kill Order by James Dashner and a few others on net galley before they expire. I want to read these too, I’m just more in the mood for something light and fluffy but expiration dates take lead on book reading order.
4. The last book I bought: Hmmm. . . .I believe the last books I bought were Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell and Stolen Nights by Rebecca Maizel. Can’t wait to read them but I have to get through the library books I seem to never read anymore. LOL
5. The last book I was given: Well Dixie let me borrow You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me by Sarra Manning. We shall see, we shall see.
1. The book(s) I’m currently reading: I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella, The Maze Runner by James Dasher (audio), and A Fool’s Gold Christmas by Susan Mallery (netgalley).
2. The Last book I finished: Trail of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz. I loved this series, but this last book was depressing. I am crossing my fingers that there will be another one, but I cannot find any mention of a new Spellman book anywhere.
3. The next book I want to read: I Heart New York by Lindsey Kelk or Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg or Keeping the Castle by Patrice Kindl. I have all three from the library & I need to get them read before I move next week!
4. The last book I bought: The One that Got Away by Jessica Fox, the first book in the Hen Night Prophesies about five girl friends who, at a friend’s hen party (the British equivilent of a bachelorette party), are given tarot readings. The first one is about Fern, who is told she already met The One, but let him go. You know how I love a series, plus I’ve been on a big British author kick lately. Can’t wait for it to come in. In fact, let me go & order the rest of the series…
5. The last book I was given: Not including Netgalley or Edelweiss, the last book I was given was Where We Belong by Emily Giffin. I won it through Goodreads & I can’t wait to read it. I just have so much to read, I don’t know when I’ll be able to get to it.
How about you? Answer these questions in the comments!