Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This Week’s Topic is: Top Ten Books/Authors I’m Thankful For
We decided to collaborate on our list this go round and choose authors we are thankful for since if we loved the that much it’s a given we probably love all their books too.
1. J. K. Rowling – I’m thankful for J. K. and Stephanie for the same reason. (Well ok I’m just a touch more thankful for J. K. I mean HARRY POTTER?!) They both in my opinion can be credited for bringing back reading with a vengence. I think what they’ve been able to do has opened the doors for books to become so popular again and all of these epic book to movie transitions.
2. Stephanie Meyer – see J. K. Rowling
3. John Green – The first audiobook I finished and enjoyed. His books make you laugh and cry, sometimes within the same page.
4. Stephanie Perkins – She brought swoony back.
5. Janet Evanovich – She’s definitely a go to author but mainly because her books are a palate cleanse. (@ least that’s my opinon, Dixie is a much bigger fan of the Stephanie Plum series and they are LOL books.)
6. Cassandra Clare – I’m sorry, have you seen the trailer for City of Bones?!?!? It’s going to be awesome squared. She is an author who I will look around and read all deleted scenes she posts.
7. Melina Marchetta – I’m new to the Marchetta bandwagon but I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve read so far and look forward to reading the rest of her books, more than likely all in 2013.
8. Gayle Forman – Really?? This is an author that I don’t think needs an explanation on why I’m thankful for her. . .if you’ve read her books you know.
9. Rainbow Rowell – My “sleeper” author of the year. I absolutely loved Attachments and look forward to many more books to come.
10. Meg Cabot – Maggie: In the words of Tee @ Ya Crush: Michael freaking Moscovitz! Dixie: She is hilarious and her stories are a bit out of left field, so, even though they’re love stories, they generally don’t take the generic route to happily ever after.
So, which books and/or authors are you thankful for?