Hosted by the girls at The Broke and The Bookish, this weeks query is: Anticipated Books of 2013.
1. Requiem by Lauren Oliver – I’ve been waiting on this book for a LONG time. Ms Oliver’s cliffhanger endings are going to give me a heart attack.
2. Just One Day by Gayle Forman – This was an automatic TBR choice but recently our buddy Sandie @ Teen Lit Rocks told us is was great. That’s a given but it just makes me want to read it even more. 🙂
3. This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E Smith – Oh you heartwarming book you! The title just makes me smile. CANNOT WAIT.
4. Gates of Paradise by Melissa de la Cruz – It’s the end. I don’t know what I’m going to do!!
5. The Murmurings by Carly Anne West – This one sounds creepy and I don’t read enough of those types so I’m really looking forward to this one as well.
6. Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger – I love this idea and can’t wait to read it.
7. Pivot Point by Kasie West – There are so many new series starting in 2013!! I love starting a new series and this one looks great.
8. OCD, The Dude, and Me by Lauren Roedy Vaughn – This one looks sooooo funny! I need a good LOL book.
9. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare – I need to know!!! Will or Jem? Please Will I can’t take this, it’s not fair!!!
And to add one Adult book . . .
10. Lover at Last by J. R. Ward – Book 11 in the BDB series and I CANNOT WAIT. Finally Qhuinn’s book! If you haven’t started this series you should! It’s a bit graphic at times (ok A LOT of the time) but I love the stories and I love the characters. I’d love to go back and reread these one day.
1. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare — possibly one of my absolute favorite series ever.
2. Just One Day by Gayle Forman — I am so jealous of those who have advanced copies. I would give my left thumb for one.
3. Rumor Has It by Jill Shalvis — Book 4 in the Animal Magnetism series, this one is about a girl in love with her best friends’ brother and it’s one of my favorite tropes.
4. The Best Man by Kristan Higgins — Her books are always at the top of my TBR list. This one is actually part of a new series.
5. Bare it All, Getting Rowdy, and Dash by Lori Foster — All part of her newest series, Love Undercover, they’re all coming out next year.
6. It Had to be You, Always on My Mind, and Once in a Lifetime by Jill Shalvis — The next three books in the Lucky Harbor series.
7. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell — A new favorite author. Eleanor and Park also comes out next year, but I actually have the capability to read it this year, so it’s not on the list, but still highly anticipated.
8. The Last Word by Lisa Lutz — The sixth Spellman novel, I read the first five back to back and I really want there to be a happy ending for my girl, Izzy.
9. The Sum of All Kisses by Julia Quinn — The final book in the Smythe-Smith series, this one focuses on two secondary characters from the last two books. I am especially interested in getting to know Hugh.
10. Game by Barry Lyga — The second book about Jasper Dent, the son/heir to a serial killer. I can’t wait to dig deeper into his story.
Obviously, there are tons more books that Maggie and I are anticipating. This is just a taste of all the good things to come next year.