Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted but the lovely girls over at The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Books I Resolve To Read In 2013
These are all books that I bought (some I even preordered I was so excited about them) yet they remain unread in my spare room because I have this issue. . . once I buy the book it’s in my possession so there isn’t really a deadline. THAT WILL CHANGE THIS YEAR. I need to clear out all of these books so I can let people borrow them!!!
1. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
2. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
3. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
4. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
5. Mythos Academy Series (currently own 1-3) by Jennifer Estep
6. Firelight Series by Sophie Jordan
7. All of Tabitha Suzuma’s books out to date. – I ordered all of these on Amazon.uk but due to heavy subject matter I’ve postponed reading.
8. Vampire Queen Series by Rebecca Maizel – Why haven’t I read these yet?!
9. Dreamless by Josephine Angelini – I loved Starcrossed sooooo much and I got this as an ARC from the publisher so I was super excited to see it. . .then it just sat there. I feel so horrible and need to get to this one ASAP.
10. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson – I got this one with Starcrossed and though I didn’t know much about it at the time I’ve heard many great things about it.
The following books are books that I am greatly looking forward to reading, despite the fact that I may already own them. Huh. But anyway, I eagerly anticipate opening them up and getting lost in their worlds.
1. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare — That’s a given.
2. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare — Then again, I may just wait until next year when City of Heavenly Fire comes out. Boo, another year.
3. Eleanor and Park and Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell — Her first book, Attachments, was one of my favorite ones in 2012, and E&P and Fangirl are YA, so I am really looking forward to them. Plus, we’ll be doing a whole thing on it for Selective Collective for E&P, so I’m waiting until closer to it’s publication date to crack it open.
4. Anything by Marian Keyes — I recently received Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married from Candice @ The Grown-Up YA for Christmas and read that huge 600 page book in a day, so I am eager to get to all the books on her backlist.
5. Insurgent and Convergent by Veronica Roth — The second and third books in the Insurgent series, I just haven’t been able to sit down and read Insurgent (despite the fact that I loved the first book) because I just want to finish it all in one go. September can’t come soon enough.
6. A Million Suns and Shades of Earth by Beth Revis — I finally read (or rather, listened to) Across the Universe and it was a revelation. Cannot wait to see what happens to Amy and Elder.
7. Sugar Rush, Sweet Stuff, and Babycakes by Donna Kauffman — I read a lot of her books a long time ago and loved them, but it’s been a while since I cracked open a new one from her. I actually won these three and have been having them for a few months, it’s just to fit them into my schedule.
8. The Last Word by Lisa Lutz — The sixth book in the Spellman Files series, I am so excited for this to come out. I read the first five in a week and I really want good things to happen for one of my favorite book families.
9. How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski — I have a review copy of this from Edelweiss and I’ve heard really good things about it, so it won’t be long before I get to it.
10. The Best Man by Kristan Higgins — I was just approved on Netgalley for this book by one of my absolute favorite authors. I am going to go out on a hunch and say I will love it. I think I’ll read this one next. 🙂