Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Bookish Goals For 2013
At the risk of sounding like a broken record since I’m pretty sure I had some of these same bookish goals last year I’m going to list them again because I will work on these more!
- Visit and comment on other blogs and posts more. My biggest problem is I skim any post on a book I haven’t read yet for two reasons. I don’t want to subconsciously chnage the way I would review a book based on someone else’s opinion nor do I want for the book to be spoiled in any way. Since I’m so slow catching up as of late there have been a ton of reviews and I can’t remember who has reviewed what and by the time I’ve read it I don’t have that much time to go back to everyone’s blog digging around for reviews. . .so goal this year is to make an effort to comment on them when published. Most of my blogging buddies don’t spoil the books and if they want to discuss something they give you fair warning to quit reading.
- CLEAN OUT MY SPARE ROOM OF BOOKS.
- While I’m at it. . . CLEAN UP ALL EBOOKS ON MY IPAD. I have so many books here that I forget what I even bought sometimes. It’s very true when they say “out of sight, out of mind”.
- Make it to BEA. God I hope I can make this one happen. It would be great to meet some of the blogging buddies I’ve made as well a great opportunity to make some publishing contacts.
- Just in case that doesn’t happen. . . I’d like to try to make it to some bookish function. Whether it be a signing or a book festival, if it’s within a reasonable driving distance I need to try to go.
- Post more reviews. Towards the end of 2012 I was seriously slacking with the posts. Granted I have some family issues right now that are a bit time-consuming and we are just getting out of the holiday season but I know I can do better this year!
- Catch up on buying all the novellas for the series I’m already reading and actually read them! It’s getting increasingly difficult to track all of the authors I love and what they are writing since the novellas have become so popular.
- On the same line. . . update my author list. I do have a separate list outside of goodreads for definite author reading or automatic purchase authors. I’ve been slacking on updating it but maybe if I moved it to Google Drive I would up it more? Idea!!
- Meet a higher reading goal. For 2012 I set a goal for 125-130(?) originally and when I met that I bumped it up to 150. I met that as well and in fact I passed it which sounds great but I passed it with over a month to go in the year and then I stalled and it was like pulling teeth to read. If I would have stayed motivated through the ENTIRE year I’m confident that I would have met a new goal of 200 which I would like to set my 2013 goal for and actually meet it.
- Finish up some series. There are so many that I’ve started and haven’t finished. Specifically ones that come to mind are: Sookie Stackhouse (I’ve read up to book five), Chaos Walking Trilogy (haven’t read the last one), 50 Shades ( I never read the third one), The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, and the Birthmarked Series by Caragh O’Brien.
What about you? What are your bookish goals for the year?
Visit more blogs and find some more adult fiction/romance blogs because most of the blogs I know specialize in YA. I love YA, but sometimes, I want to find more romance books than the ones from the same authors I love. I need to branch out more.
Along the same vein, I need to branch out more in terms of genres. I need to get back into more mainstream fiction rather than just romance or chick lit and YA.
I want to wait to read a series until the entire series is out. I know I won’t be able to do that all the time, but I’m having trouble getting into the second book of a series that I loved because I just cannot recapture my response to the first book. Also, I cannot remember a lot of what happened, particularly at the end.
Finish up the e-galleys that I have and get them reviewed. I am hoping that our new review format will make reviews easier.
Make a dent in my pile of physical books I have here at home. They’re everywhere. I buy them and then they sit on my shelves for months or even years until I randomly decide to pick one up and wonder why it took me so freaking long to open it.
Participate in more blogging opportunities, like read-alongs, blog-hopping, etc
- Review more. I have really been slacking. I just have not been in the mood lately, you know? It goes hand in hand with the reduction in the amount of reading I’ve been doing. You’d think now that I’m a stay at home mom, I’d get more reading done. Not the case. There are just so many other things I should be/could be doing. But I need to be more consistent in my reading habits and get back into the game.
That’s all I have for now, what about you?