Hosted by the girls at The Broke and The Bookish, this week’s question is:
Top 10 Books on your TBR list for Spring 2013
- Half Moon Hill by Toni Blake — The sixth book in the Destiny series, I am excited to finally hear Anna’s story.
- Who Done It by Jon Sciezka — A grand Whodunit mystery about a horrible person, Herman Q Mildew, a book editor, who shows up dead and the suspects are the most recognizable authors of children’s and YA fiction. The authors actually contributed their alibis to the book in their own words. Really cool people, too, like Gayle Forman and Stephanie Perkins. Sounds fantastic! Can’t wait!
- The Archived by Victoria Schwab — I’ve seen this book mentioned by many people (bloggers), but it never really drew me in because I hate to just jump on the bandwagon and I prefer contemporary YA, but this sounds so very interesting.
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick — I received this for Christmas but haven’t gotten around to it yet. I will make it a priority. I may start it before the week is up.
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare — I feel that this book has been mentioned by me about 1000 times, I am so anxious for it to get here already! I feel like Fat Bastard: Get in my belly!
- Levitating Las Vegas by Jennifer Echols — I don’t even care what it’s about, it’s by Jennifer Freaking Echols. ‘Nuff said.
- Dear Life, You Suck by Scott Blagden — This debut seems to be calling me, I am very anxious to read it. It’s by a male author with a YA male protagonist. Something different.
- Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg — A go-to author, I have read everything she’s written and I’ve heard great things about this one.
- Too Hot to Handle by Victoria Dahl — Another go-to author, this one is an adult novel with (hopefully) a lot of naughty things going on.
- How to Entice an Earl by Manda Collins — Third book in the Ugly Ducklings series, this historical romance has been on my TBR list since I read the first two books. I actually bought it, which should tell you how much I want to read it. 🙂
I’m queen of the lists so making lists of what to read is something I do quite often. I’m not only working on clearing up what I have from Netgalley and Edelweiss but books I’ve bought and are just sitting waiting in my spare room. This is the current list I have:
1. Grave Mercy by R.L. Fevers – Assassin nuns. I know that alone sounds great! It’s the size more than anything that has held me back. All of my blogging friends loved it so, SOON!
2. The Pledge by Kimberly Derting – I was lucky enough to get a signed copy for Christmas from Brittany over @ The Book Addict’s Guide. I actually traded for The Essence (book two) so these are definitely getting read this year.
3. The Comeback Season by Jennifer E Smith – My first book by her was Statistical (Daphne reviewed) and we both loved it so I’ve made it my mission to buy her older books and read them.
4. Velveteen by Daniel Marks – I don’t know what it is about this book but I’ve wanted to read it for some time. I broke down and bought it but as in the curse of purchasing a book it gets pushed back in the pile.
5. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta – Another slap myself book. I PROMISE I will read it this year.
6. Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard – First I fell in love with the cover. . .then I read several great reviews so obvs I bought it. 🙂
7. Cinder by Marissa Meyer – Yeah, yeah I know. I even got Scarlet in prep bc I’m told I will want it immediately.
8. Bad Girls Don’t Die by Katie Alender – This one sounds downright creepy.
9. Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley – Potential swoons.
10. Lovely, Dark and Deep by Amy McNamara – Since I joined the contemporary challenge I’m adding more and more to my list of TBR. This one sounds like a heart-wrencher.