Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the gals over at Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy…But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread
Please note these books are not sitting unread because I don’t want to read them. I do! In fact I’m slowing weaning off library books to whittle them down. These books are also the motivation behind me signing up for a TBR challenge this year.
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
- The Firelight Series by Sophie Jordan
- The Mythos Academy Series by Jennifer Estep
- Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
- The Poison Diaries by Maryrose Wood
- Withering Tights by Louise Rennison
- All of Tabitha Suzuma’s books
- Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
- A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford
- The Other Girl by Sarah Miller — I loved the first book, Inside the Mind of Gideon Rayburn and when I heard there was a sequel last year, I rushed out to buy it. But like a lot of books, it sits on my shelf because I should probably reread the first one as I’m likely to have forgotten most of it.
- The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman — I ordered it from amazon, very excited to get it but when it came in, I just didn’t have the want to. I will read it eventually.
- The City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare — Yeah, I was kinda depressed after reading The City of Fallen Angels and because City of Heavenly Fire comes out NEXT YEAR, I decided to wait to read this one.
- We’ll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han — I read The Summer I turned Pretty and actually liked it, but I have yet to read the second book, It’s Not Summer Without You, so I cannot say why I even bought this book except that it was probably on sale.
- The Objects of My Affection by Jill Smolinski — I actually preordered this book. Smolinski is an adult author that I love (I read her other two books, Flip-Flopped and The Next Thing on My List) and loved them, but I haven’t had the chance to get around to this one.
- Heart and Soul and Whitethorn Woods by Maeve Binchy — My FAVORITE adult author, I’ve read most of her books. I cannot tell you why I haven’t read these. They’ve been sitting on my shelf for a couple years. I love everything she wrote, but there are only a few left I haven’t read and there will be no more (she passed away last year), so maybe I’m hoarding them?
- In The Woods by Tana French — It’s a thriller and looks VERY GOOD, but I’m kind of a wimp, so I’m working up the courage to crack this puppy open.
- The Rogue by Celeste Bradley — The fourth book in the Liar’s Club series, which I loved, but this guy was kind of a new addition that showed up in the third book and I was not very invested in him, but when I get the craving for some great historical romance, I’ll pick it up.
- Dark Lover by J. R. Ward — I’ve heard great things about this series from multiple sources, but I don’t know if it’s the heavy material or I’m just not in the mood for it right now.