Hosted by the girls at The Broke and The Bookish, this week’s topic is:
Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book
1. “Life long best friends” — I am a sucker for friends to lovers stories, especially if there’s a secret crush that’s finally being realized (see #2).
2. “Unrequited love” — Either it will become requited or they find someone who loves them when the person they’re hung up on doesn’t deliver with the kisses.
3. “Truth or Dare” — Always makes for a fun evening, especially if it’s not me playing and there are kisses involved.
4. “Her brother’s best friend” or alternately, “Her best friend’s brother” — I think it’s the whole “forbidden” aspect…
5. “Socially awkward” — I don’t know why (yes I do), but any story about a girl who has problems feeling like she’s understood or is uncomfortable in anyone else’s (other than her own) company, but I really connect with them and I find it satisfying when they have a breakthrough that allows them to feel accepted.
6. It’s not a specific phrase but when they mash-up two awesome books and/or tv shows for a comparison? I’m in.
7. “Mythology” – If there is some kind of YA retelling of any mythology I will give it a try. I may not finish but I will investigate further.
8. “Nerdtastic” or any variation of that. I’m a sucker for nerd books. Always have, always will.
9. “Romantic Comedy” – Though I don’t gravitate to contemps as a first choice I love books that make me laugh out loud.
10. “Swoonworthy” – Let’s face it, I wanna swoon.