Hosted by the girls @ The Broke and The Bookish, this weekly meme asks us bookish questions, which we answer in list form. This week’s question is:
Top 10 Covers of Books You’ve Read
1. Jane Austen Ruined My Life by Beth Pattillo — though I would have read this book anyway because it’s Austen-esque, this cover is gorgeous and the reason I picked it up to begin with.
2. The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews — this is one of my favorite authors, but I just love this cover so much. The dress, the shoes, the luggage…it takes place in the south, and I can just feel the humidity and taste the sweet tea.
3. Scot on the Rocks by Brenda Janowitz — Long before I was a book blogger and I just roamed the library judging books by their covers, I found this book and loved the cover so much, I immediately had to read it. It’s one of my favorite books and I’ve read it multiple times.
4. Vision in White by Nora Roberts — Though I am a huge romance fan, I never even considered reading Nora Roberts because I just thought her books would be dated and, I don’t know, old somehow. But sometimes, you come across something that just calls to you and I picked up this book because of the cover, because sometimes you just want a book that you know will have a happy ending, like this one obviously does. It was my first Nora Roberts book and I have to admit, I’ve been converted.
5. Straight From the Hip by Susan Mallery — This book is actually the third in the series, but I had kept seeing it everywhere and I just loved the cover so much. I actually don’t know what it was about the cover that made me want to read it, but I had to. First, though, I had to read the other two in the series. This is the beginning of my love for Susan Mallery.
I chose books that I’ve read this year only to try and change it up.
6. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
7. Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger
8. The Archived by Victoria Schwab
9. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
10. Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black