Hosted by The Broke & The Bookish, this week’s top 10 are Beachy Reads. Since Kristina & Daphne don’t really like the beach (don’t ask, it involves self-esteem and the ability to relax), so we decided to change it to Top 10 Vacation Reads…
Daphne’s Top 10 Spa Books (books to be read while I relax in a mud bath or when I’m getting a pedicure)…
1. Where We Belong by Emily Giffin — It’s about a woman who gave up her daughter for adoption is found by the daughter and all the ensuing drama that that would entail, including finding the girl’s father, who never knew about the pregnancy. SO FREAKING GOOD.
2. Just One of the Guys by Kristan Higgins — This book has to be on every list I make, apparently. It’s so funny and has such a great romance, it’s a definite favorite of mine.
3. What I Did For Love by Susan Elizabeth Phillips — Really, anything by her because she writes incredible love stories and they’re funny, which just makes them that much better.
4. Any Stephanie Plum book by Janet Evanovich — I don’t really want some heavy, thought provoking book on my vacation, I want to laugh and maybe picture Ranger naked…but maybe that’s just me.
5. Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married by Marian Keyes — Given to me by Candice for Christmas, I read this huge book in record time. It’s Brit Chick Lit at it’s finest. You’ll laugh and you’ll definitely pull for the love interest. It’s a definite vacation book.
Kristina: Since I hate the beach I’m going with “5 books I’d read on vacation”. I say on vacation because I have a hard time concentrating on reading with too much background noise. These are books I really want to read but are so huge or detail oriented that I know I need plently so quiet time to read them.
1. Grace Mercy by Robin LaFevers – I was supposed to read this one during my last bout of books but I failed. I’m extremely hopeful to read it this month since I promised to let a friend borrow it after hoping to motivate me.
2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – All of my friends raved about this one but I just couldn’t get into it. Alyssa sent me her extra copy to try again so I’m hoping to have some quality quiet time with this one and finally see what everyone else does in it.
3. The Fury by Alexander Gordon Smith – This one doesn’t come out till July and looks positively creepy. I was lucky enough to get an ARC but it is MASSIVE. I need time to be able to truly get into the story so no interupptions please!
4. Angel Fire by Lee Weatherly – This book is over 600 pages. Like The Fury I need the quiet time to get into the story so I’m committed.
5. Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin – Guys I’m becoming more and more a GoT fan (it is a pretty close 2nd to Potter) but for whatever reason I’m struggling to sit down and read this book! I guess with everyone starting vacations, etc., there is just too much chaos out and about for me to buckle down. Since I’m participating in the read along I will have to get a move on ASAP.