Top 10 Books I would love to see as a TV show/movie
1. The Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty — I think this would be a great teen show.
2. Also Known As series by Robin Benway — What’s not to love about a teen safe cracker and her crazy friends and intriguing family?
3. The Rules of Disappearing series by Ashley Elston — Ooh, teens in witness protection in rural Louisiana? I am there.
4. O’Hare & Fox series and/or Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich — I think these would definitely work better as a series than a movie.
5. Friends with Boys by Faith Erin Hicks — Animated, of course. I want this SOO BAD.
6. The Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn — A series like Downton Abbey, except more funny and set in the Regency era. Who do I need to talk to about this?
7. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick — This would be my new favorite show.
8. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell — This would be FANTASTIC.
9. Rush Me by Allison Parr — Football player falls for socially awkward know it all? YES. And Ryan, the QB, could be played by Bradley Cooper.
10. Scot on the Rocks by Brenda Janowitz — I just love this book so much, it would make for an awesome comedy.
11. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales — I want this as a movie, but it would be great as a tv show, as well.
12. Just One of the Guys by Kristan Higgins — Comedy gold, people.
Oops, got a little bit carried away today 🙂
1. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – The world building here is just gorgeous or it is in my head when I imagine it. Also, I want to see The Darkling. I’m still hoping for my casting.
2. Eleanor & Park, Attachments, and Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – It’s no secret I love this woman’s books. There was something I could relate to in all of her MCs and I think their are LOL moments in each to be very entertaining.
3. Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa eyer – By far one of the best retellings I’ve ever read.
4. Healer series by Maria V Snyder – The way all of the networks are working on series I think this one would be great for TV. Definitely would need to be on AMC of HBO though.
5. Drakon series by Shana Abe – I love the Mother of Dragons from Game of Thrones so another series that has dragons would be very entertaining for me. She also have a YA series set in the same world though 100 years later. I haven’t starting reading those yet but I think it would be interesting to weave them together.
6. The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller – I see this as more a Hallmark TV movie but still absolutely adorable.
7. Jasper Dent series by Barry Lyga – Crime shows are still rating pretty high ( I LOVE Criminal Minds) and with The Following taking off last year I think this series would have a good chance “following” in their footsteps.
8. The Blood Journals by Tessa Gratton – These are pretty dark for a YA series but I think they would fit great over on the CW.
9. Under the Never Sky series by Veronica Rossi – PLEASE!!! These books are just beyond anything I could tell you. . . I love them so much and I would love to see them on the big screen.
10. The Archived by Victoria Schwab – It is a series but only the first book is out right now. This book was very entertaining and I definitely can see the potential for a TV series based on it.