Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely gals over @ Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist (if you could make authors write about these things you would. Could be a specific type of character, an issue tackled, a time period, a certain plot, etc.)
1. Downton Abbey era books – I know they are out there and I’ve started seeing more but there is something about this time I love. God the fashion alone makes me want to swoon.
2. DARK/Horror books – I LOVE Maggie Stiefvater and Brenna Yovanoff and their dark and twisty books. I want something that still has meat on its bones and makes me think as well as scare the crap of out me.
3. Nerd books – Nerds need love too! Let’s face it, if you are reading this there is a good chance (99.9%) that you are a nerd. Who doesn’t want to read books about someone they can relate to?
4. High Fantasy novels – I’m seriously fading on the contemporary reads (though I still love some) and I seem to be picking up steam on goodreads adding high fantasy a la GRRM or. . .
5. Fairy tale retellings – I cannot get enough of these either! After binge watching OUAT, starting OUATW, and reading all of the Lunar Chronicles this year? It is safe to say I’m obsessed.
6. Love Triangle free books – It’s not that there aren’t books or series out there without love triangles but sometimes it feels like it’s a given. I want to see crazy plots twists I wasn’t expecting and this isn’t it.
7. A series with NO Novellas/Short Stories – This is a Catch 22. I WANT more but most of the time these stories aren’t important to the storyline and are just filler pages. Its hard enough to follow a series without adding these in-betweens.
8. Villain love – Look I’m not hoping villains win but after reading about The Darkling and falling in love with Loki I’m starting to see their side of things and I like it.
9. You get what you need endings – Ok just in case there is one person out there that hasn’t read The Hunger Games yet I won’t ruin anything but I actually LIKED the ending. I felt it was fitting and I want more realistic endings where someone is happy but maybe it wasn’t knock your socks happily ever after.
10. Foreign love interests – I know I’m not alone when I say I love a man with an accent so I’m all about it.
What about you? What do you wish was out there for you to read? Let me know!