Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the lovlies over at The Broke and The Bookish.
Today’s Topic: Top Ten Tuesday REWIND! (Pick from previous topics that you want to do again or may have missed.) So I quickly decided to revisit last week’s topic because I’ve been a bit busy at work lately and haven’t been able to participate as much as I would like so I missed this one.
Top Ten Reasons I Love Being A Blogger/Reader
1. The Books – I don’t mean ARCs. Well ok, part of it is the ARCs. I know getting mail is pretty awesome and such but the main point I’m trying to make is being in the blogger world has opened me to so many books I honestly don’t know if I would have ever tried to read and/or found without fellow bloggers.
2. Mail – Speaking of mail I cannot describe the delight in getting so many packages in the mail. Whether its books from publishers, swapping with fellow bloggers, or just books I’ve ordered on recommendations I can tell you the UPS and USPS guys are starting to get tired of coming to my house.
3. Friends/other bloggers – I’ve grown closer not only to my co-blogger but I now have several other blogger buds out in the world that I know I can always chat with and I have someone to visit if I’m ever in their area. There are several of you ladies that I know I would love to live near so I’d have a friend to visit with IRL for book chats.
4. Freedom to be creative – This is a more general topic. I don’t mean one specific thing but several. TTTs?? Great way to have bookish discussions. But I also have my gals in the SC which gives me the opportunity to be creative on GP’s additions to each book we feature. That feature lead me to want to start a new feature with my co-blogger Daph. Not only that but I now toy around with ideas for possible books I could write. Though there is a high probability they will never come to be our blog has opened my eyes so to speak to so many options other than just reviewing a book.
5. Exploring genres – Before the blog and really kicking my reading into overdrive I sort of pigeonholed myself in very specific reading areas. Now? I’m reading fantasy more than I ever thought I would and honestly it has become my go to which I love because fantasy can be ANYTHING.
6. Motivation to read MORE – Goodreads challenges? Read-along? YEP!! I’ve definitely increased the quantity of books read in a year and I’ve let go of watching so much tv (but NOT Big Bang Theory!)
7. Connecting with friends and family IRL – I’m now the go to with friends and family for almost all questions book related and I love it. Who doesn’t want to talk books? Heck, I’ve even helped on English homework.
8. Authority to DNF books – Before blogging I always finished a book, series, author, not matter if I was in love or not. Now with so many doors open to me in the reading world I feel free to stop if I’m not blown away regardless if its in the middle of a series or not.
9. Bookish events – I haven’t been to any as of yet due to distance and work but I’m hoping to go to Teen Book Con with Daphne in April. Before blogging I didn’t even realize there were events like these.
10. Finding favorite authors – Right now this is specifically: Rainbow Rowell, Marissa Meyer, Leigh Bardugo, and Veronica Rossi. Their books are beyond anything I could hope to create and I’m in awe of their talent.