The hunter becomes the hunted. . . .
West Grayer is done killing. She defeated her Alternate, a twin raised by another family, and proved she’s worthy of a future. She’s ready to move on with her life.
The Board has other plans. They want her to kill one last time, and offer her a deal worth killing for. But when West recognizes her target as a ghost from her past, she realizes she’s in over her head. The Board is lying, and West will have to uncover the truth of the past to secure her future.
How far will the Board go to keep their secrets safe? And how far will West go to save those she loves? With nonstop action and surprising twists, Elsie Chapman’s intoxicating sequel to Dualed reveals everything.
OTHER BOOKS IN SERIES: Dualed
SPOILER ALERT: While I always try to avoid spoilers this is the second book in a series so there will be talk of events in book one that lead to things in book two.
Things I Loved:
* Chord’s trust and love for West. – He was unflinching (well, for the most part) in his devotion. I didn’t for one page doubt he would find her, help her, do anything needed to make sure she was ok.
* NO LOVE TRIANGLE. – I will admit it I had a small theory at one point and was very happily surprised when it didn’t come to fruition.
* West’s attitude adjustment. . . for most of the story. In book one West was in denial for so long and avoided so much. Starting Divided you see a complete change. She is more confident though still battling demons.
* The closing of ranks among her friends. – I loved that the supporting characters didn’t waver in their support of her no matter of what they heard. Everyone needs a family whether born into them or chosen.
Things I wasn’t sure about:
* The Surround – I’m not sure what is going on outside the city but man I NEED TO KNOW. There are so many questions I have that are unanswered.
* Lack of answers – This falls in line with the Surround but includes other aspects of the story. It might just be my over active imagination but I felt there is still so much left unanswered! I need a bit more closure than what I have right now.
* West’s brother who isn’t her brother. – I need another book just dedicated to this part of the story. I feel like we haven’t even cracked the surface here.
Divided was noticeably more involved for me than Dualed and I felt much more invested in book two than one. The action picks up earlier and stays around longer so if you are looking for a thriller this is a series to pick up! Ms Chapman has written a unique story that I definitely need to know more about.
Want to win your own copy of Divided? Follow the link below. US/Canada Only, ends at 12:00am 6/20 & the winner has 48 hours to respond. GOOD LUCK!