This week’s question: Top 10 Characters I’d Want on a Deserted Island with Me
This sounded like it would be a lot of fun, so I gave it some thought and I really had to decide what important qualities I would need to have with me. I’d need intelligence, ingenuity, and bravery. Thus, my list:
10. Cricket from Lola and the Boy Next Door. He’s an inventor, ya’ll. I’m sure he could come up to with something to get us off the island using the wreckage laying around. Or maybe find a way to make us a coconut radio?
9. Katiniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. I may as well just get her out of the way. I mean, is there a list that she won’t be on today?
8. Hermione Granger. Ron & Harry wouldn’t have survived first year without her. She would definitely be the exact type of person I would need with me.
7. Jay from The Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting. I would need some eye candy, right? Plus, he’s pretty protective, so he would be the type to take down any wild boars, or whatever, hiding in the island jungle (the island has a jungle, FYI).
6. Cath from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I probably wouldn’t have any books around, so I could have Cath make up stories for us, no?
5. Ziri from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. Just because he’s one of my favorite characters ever.
4, 3, & 2. Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase, & Frank Zhang from Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan. Percy & Annabeth don’t need to be separated AGAIN, but I’d want them with me b/c they’re fierce. Percy could call his dad to help us out and Annabeth is a freaking genius, so she’s definitely handy to have around. Who else wants to be on an island with Annabeth & Hermione? And Frank can change into animals, ya’ll. That’s got to come in handy. Maybe he can become a dolphin & bring us (me) back to civilization?
1. Nickolai from The Grisha series by Leigh Bardugo. He’s here just for me to ogle and fangirl over. See me blushing and batting my eyes? Not that he isn’t capable and could definitely contribute to our safety & getting us off the island, but Nickolai would just sit around with me, telling me stories & flirting, while everyone else is trying their best to get us rescued.
Where’s a deserted island when you need one, amiright? 🙂