Hosted by the beauties over at The Broke and Bookish, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature. (That we haven’t done since July. :P)
Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR
Welcome to the first top ten I’ve done in MONTHS. I’m so sorry guys!! You know I’ve had a lot of family responsibilites and thankfully things are looking up so look for more posts and visits to your blogs soon!!!
1. Spinster: A Life of One’s Own by Kate Bolick – GUYS. This book feels like the perfect read for me. The opening line on goodreads: “Whom to marry, and when will it happen—these two questions define every woman’s existence, regardless of where she was raised or what religion she does or doesn’t practice.” THIS. It bothers me so much that people judge others (myself included) for not being married. I could seriously write a huge discussion on this topic. I broke my netgalley ban to request this one. (Thankfully I was approved!)
2. Dreamer’s Pool by Juliet Marillier – I haven’t started reading any of her books as of yet but they all seem fabulous and the start of an adult fantasy series feels like the shake up I need.
3. Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley – The cover. The blurb. I mean really, who wouldn’t want to read this?!
4. The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury – I actually found this one when I was added Magonia and it popped up in the recs section. THIS BOOK SOUNDS SO GREAT. Also, the cover looks gorgeous. GIMME!!!
5. Maplecroft by Cherie Priest – My friend Carrie added this one and when I read the blurb, HOLY CRAP. The idea for this book is something I wish I would thought of.
6. Fairest by Marissa Meyer – I’m slowly becoming a sucker for villains and their stories. Also, its been too long since I’ve read Cress. I need back in Ms Meyer’s world STAT.
7. I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson – I know. I bought it and it has just been sitting on the shelf waiting. I AM COMING FOR YOU, DON’T GIVE UP HOPE.
8. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab – Parallel Londons? A character described by the author as “a royal who is equal parts Prince Harry and Jack Harkness” SIGN ME UP.
9. Wildalone by Krassi Zourkova – part of the pitch on this one: a bewitching blend of Twilight, The Secret History, Jane Eyre, and A Discovery of Witches. SOLD.
10. Mosquitoland by David Arnold – I saw this one when Daph added it to goodreads and I don’t know what it is. . .the cover, to blurb, but this just sounds like a “me” book.
So that’s it for me? What about you? Have a book I should check out? TELL ME!!!!!!