Because I’ve been both very busy & very lazy lately (new job, tball, soccer, and boy scouts, my husband being out of the country, as well as the finishing my business degree), my reviews have unfortunately taken a back seat.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Sarina Mahler thinks she has her life all nailed down: a growing architecture practice in Austin, Texas, and an any-day-now proposal from her loving boyfriend, Noah. She’s well on her way to having the family she’s hoped for since her mother’s death ten years ago. But with Noah on a temporary assignment abroad and retired Olympic swimmer—and former flame—Eamon Roy back in town asking her to renovate his new fixer-upper, Sarina’s life takes an unexpected turn. Eamon proves to be Sarina’s dream client, someone who instinctively trusts every one of her choices—and Sarina is reminded of all the reasons she was first drawn to him back in the day. Suddenly her carefully planned future with Noah seems a little less than perfect. And when tragedy strikes, Sarina is left reeling. With her world completely upended, she is forced to question what she truly wants in life—and in love. (Goodreads)
Source: egalley from Random House/Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thanks!
Hey guys, I’ve kind of been out of the loop lately and doing my own thing reading wise and not really focused on reviewing, but I’m still here! I’m not dead! Anyway, I just wanted to post that I am going to be participating in the Chaotic Goddess’s Books ‘n Bloggers book swap!
- A book you love
- A book you haven’t read but are interested in
- A book from your partner’s wish list
- Sign-Ups Start: Monday, January 5th at 12AM
- Sign-Ups End: Monday, January 12th at 11:59PM
- First Post MUST be Posted within 3 days of receiving acceptance email: (latest possible is Monday, January 12th by noon)
- Partners assigned: Wednesday, January 14th
- Packages Shipped: on or before Saturday, January 24th
- Show-Off Linky Opens: Wednesday, January 28th
- Show-Off Linky Closes: Friday, February 13th
- After being accepted, you must post on your blog saying you’re participating. Post must include the button/link back to the sign-ups and must be posted within 3 days of receiving your acceptance email.
- Packages must contain 3 books that fit the criteria stated in the Swap Objective.
- Send books that fit your partner’s genre preferences.
- You must respond to emails from the swap hosts within a timely fashion.
- Books MUST be mailed on or before January 24th!
- You must send a tracking number for your package to your partner and to us at Chaotic Goddess Swaps.
- You MUST post and link up your swap reveal post. This is non-negotiable.
I totally dropped the ball initially because I must have deleted the first welcome email, but I’m doing it now because they are nice enough to still let me participate 🙂 I am really excited to be a part of this because I love swapping books & getting things in the mail, especially books! I’m waiting for my swap partner and you’ll be seeing a bragging post on January 28th where I show off all the cool stuffs I got 🙂 Can’t wait!
I, Daphne Fox, have a few things to confess:
1. I hate Nick Brady. Loathe. Abhor. Can’t stand him 95% of the time.
2. That other 5%? I’m not talking about that at all.
3. People think I’m lucky for surviving the car crash. I disagree.
4. Nick is the only guy who makes my nightmares go away.
5. I won’t love him, though. Love is not worth the pain.
I, Nick Brady, have a few confessions of my own:
1. I don’t hate Daphne Fox. At all.
2. I find her scar sexy. Just like the rest of her.
3. I may be her older brother’s best friend, but that’s not going to stop me.
4. I love her.
5. And I’m going to do everything I can to have her. (via Goodreads)
Source: eARC courtesy of Xpresso Blog Tours and the author(thanks for the opportunity!)
So, um…we haven’t posted for Bout of Books yet, but we’ve been super crazy busy. So here is our reading for Monday & Tuesday: