Next up from the SC:
Gone Pecan handled the Author Q & A and we are also giving away a finished copy to one lucky winner!!
1. You’ve made the jump some of us will only ever dream about, blogger to author. How did it feel when you found out Level 2 was going to be published?
Up until the moment my agent accepted S&S’s offer, I could not imagine my book ever being published. I still pinch myself!
2. You’ve made the jump some of us will only ever dream about, blogger to author. How did it feel when you found out Level 2 was going to be published?
My favorite books have always been those that put a spin on genre conventions. I love mash-ups – books that can’t be clearly defined. That’s why I love YA so much. Because all the books are shelved in the same section, YA authors can be much more free and are less limited by strict genre rules.
3. In your online profile and several other interviews you mention that you are an extensive traveler. Is it difficult to keep up your writing and trying to stay on any sort of schedule with all of the traveling?
It is! Maybe I need to do less traveling? Haha!
4. There is a scene towards the end of the book (don’t worry I’m not going to give anything away!) that involves a memory of Felicia’s best friend Autumn. Things moved pretty quickly during this time and I feel like we don’t quite find out everything and might be missing a few pieces of that puzzle. Will we learn more about this in Level 3?
Oh yes. And the missing pieces are quite significant actually!
5. Level 2 was supposed to be a standalone but is now the first in the Memory Chronicles. Since a sequel wasn’t part of the original idea do you feel the need to outdo yourself with Level 3 or was a potential sequel always lurking in the back of your mind?
Theoretically, there could be an infinite number of levels, right? In the original synopsis I wrote for Level 2, there were even more twists at the end, but my editor wisely suggested I save some of them for a sequel.
Once I got to thinking about her suggestion, I realized there was much more to explore. There might even be a third book … stay tuned!
Daph and I want to thank Lenore for taking the time to answer our questions. Hopefully you will pick up a copy and read this exciting new book by a fellow blogger but what would a blog post be without a giveaway? So if you want to try and win a finished copy of Level 2 please follow the rafflecopter link below. 🙂
Open to US residents only, ends 01/30/13 @ 12:00AM. GOOD LUCK!
Liked our Author Q & A? Check out all the other great SC posts about this book!
Thanks to Simon & Schuster for sending us copies for review.